Friday, July 1, 2011

MY FAVORITE DRESS...EVAR!


Marissa Bruun: OH
Marissa Bruun: MY
Marissa Bruun: GOSH
Marissa Bruun: This is your best dress to date!
Marissa Bruun: IT IS AMAZING!!!
Marissa Bruun: Perfection
Marissa Bruun: OMG
Marissa Bruun: OMG
Marissa Bruun: OMG
Marissa Bruun: LOL

This was my reaction when I received my FIRST REVIEW COPY!  Success!  I am now an OFFICIAL fashion blogger -- TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!

 I have followed Dashwood Muircastle's brand, House of Dashwood, for a very long time now.  It has been over a year since I first ventured into her store.  Our relationship quickly evolved from fan and designer, to us working together, and now, friends.  She has participated in several fashion events that I have coordinated, and I have had the pleasure of getting to know her, and watching her grow as a designer.

Anyways, enough with all the lovey dovey crap you all could care less about, let's move on to MY FAVORITE DRESS EVAR!  (PS:  I know it is misspelled.  It is for EMPHATIC EMPHASIS!)

 Dashwood's Alaina is currently in two colors/patterns.  She has the Burgundy/Leopard and the Turquoise/Zebra.  It begins with the strapless bejeweled bodice, then to the prim skirt, upper skirt, and lower skirt.  The shading is stunning, and the way the layers flow is just beautiful!  The combination of bold colors and animal print is striking and perfect for the summer.

Now, let's look at these jugs--I mean, jewels!

 The bodice is topped with sculpted prim jewels that add a bit of flair.  If you can pay attention to the jewels, I mean, with all that cleavage in your face.

To the burgundy dress I added FineSmith jewels with a White Widow tattoo and MIAMAI hair.  I was going for a dark and mysterious look, so I also wore it with makeup numero 06 from my Glam Affair Eva fat pack!  Then to the turquoise dress, I went with White Widow, CCD, and LoQ.  Now I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE this LoQ hair, and I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL of their hairs!  However, this particular hair was NO MOD!  "What the effff?" I thought as I tried to adjust strands from my ears and make the hairline match with the base and and and...all for naught.  This was the best fit I could get with the resizer script (gag me!) and it isn't perfect.  I twitched a bit, and then got over it.  PS:  Glam Affair Eva 02 on the turquoise.

More boobs!  (and JEWELS!)

 If you can get past my elbows on the left pic (I have no idea...do they sell elbow cream in SL?) you will see the full FineSmith Roses For Your Love set, which I think was a gifty.  It comes with earrings, a necklace, and a ring (which is on the left, the right ring is part of my CCD Sky Nails in Pink!)  Then with the turquoise you have the lovely CCD Halley set, earrings, a necklace, two bracelets, and two rings (one horizontal and one vertical, I'm wearing the vertical).  I also put on some monotone basic prim nails from Candy Nail.

SHOES.  'Nuff said.

These yummy in my tummy stilettos are just yummy in my yummy!  With the burgundy, I paired a gifty, the Lady-T Jaguar shoes from Pixel Mode.  Tons of nail options, and it was pretty easy to match the skin.  The textures are delish.  SODALICOUS.  Then I found out I had no zebra shoes!  Like, OH MY GOSH, everyone NEEDS zebra shoes.  Plus, you can get 'em for 150L!  A bargaaaain!  From Dino's Bootique (how punny!) these shoes are easy to match, plus you can do any color you want on the nails!  Now, I had to modify (yes, these are modify) the nails, because they had a red nail texture on them.  I just put a simple blank texture, added a medium shine, and then used the HUD to customize the silver color to match my fingers.

 Finally, let's see that backside!  (As if you'd ever want to do anything in this dress besides gawk at yourself in it)...

 I'm bringing sexy back!  The back is low cut to show off yo shexy back!  The prim skirt just looks too cute on your booty, and the textures are brilliant!  You should see this gown move, like for real.  For real.  Seriously.  Mmmmhmm.

I'm not sure if it's on the rack yet, because these are BRAND SPANKING NEW, but you need to check out House of Dashwood SOON!  Also, be expecting this to come in more colors/patterns.  I have suggested Green/Snakeskin and Orange/Giraffe to Dashwood, and she seemed to like the idea!  ANOTHER THING (last thing, I swear!)  she is thinking about releasing leggings/tights in the animal prints to be worn with the short prim skirt only.  It looks so cute, I promise!  I tried it with some tights from another place, and it's ADORABLE!  In fact, I'm wearing it RIGHT NOW!


 I haven't taken this thing off since I got it, and neither will you!  Roll the credits!

CREDITS, SLURLs, etc. 
Artsy Fartsy Pic
          /Pose: Miyoko Magic - Force 1
Full Dress
          /Dress: Dashwood - Alaina Burgundy/Leopard Gown
          /Dress: Dashwood - Alaina Turquoise/Zebra Gown
          /Pose: Elisa - I Love Skirts 1
Bodice Jewels
          /Boobs:  LOL...JK :P 
Headshot
          /Hair: Miamai - Lia Bun Platinum_Brown
          /Hairbase: Miamai - Hairbase Brown
          /Hair: LoQ - Pure Beauty Fiery Red
          /Hairbase: LoQ - Hairbase Fiery Red
          /Skin: Glam Affair - Eva - MedTan 06
          /Skin: Glam Affair - Eva - MedTan 02
          /Tattoo: White~Widow - Moon White
          /Tattoo: White~Widow - Moon Blue
          /Lashes: je suis - Apparence Lashes 01
          /Pose: Luth - Humpday 10  
More Jewels
          /Jewelry: FineSmith - Roses For Your Love
          /Nails: CCD - Long Nails + Ring - Sky Pink
          /Jewelry: CCD - Halley
          /Nails: Candy Nail - #P000 Basic Prim Nails Monotone 
          /Pose:  Elisa - I Love Skirts 5
Shoes
          /Shoes: Pixel Mode - Group Gift - Lady T - Jaguar
          /Shoes: Dino's Bootique - Straps & Toes Zebra Print High Heels
Backside
          /Pose: Luth - Humpday 09
Chillin in my Chair
          /Tights: MYTH - Zebra Tights
          /Shoes: Mary Jane Shoes - Alluring Blue 

2 comments:

  1. LOL @ "SODALICIOUS" - I like. :)

    Love the animal print linings in those dresses. And I need that White Widow tattoo. Very cool styling! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I love saying that! I actually got it from another (non-SL) blog I read called Food Network Humor...it is hilarious if you watch Food Network like you actually cook! (As in, me!)

    I completely adore this dress, and you should go to White Widow, they have amazing tattoos!

    Thank you so much for your comment and inspiring me to create a blog! :)

    ReplyDelete